Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Birthday

Though its a half past midnight, its still my birthday! I was born 3:57pm Louisiana time so technically my birthday is not over till Oprah's on tomorrow.
He he he.

I had a good birthday. Not only did I receive warm wishes through phone calls, text messages, and facebook messages, but I allowed myself to just send some many warm wishes to myself. I indulged myself in an hour and half long massage. It was replenishing. And, I made wishes. Lots and lots of wishes. And, this year I am determined to make each one manifest.

Once, I uncovered in some self-help book that in order to be whole and successful you must have goals in five major areas that comprise your life. Those areas are relationships, physical, financial, intellectual, and spiritual. I have amended this idea for myself. I choose to observe and create goals for to improve the quality of my relationships, finances, health, creativity, and spiritual. And, many of my birthday wishes center around some of these areas.

So, those are my goals - to create goals and then take immediate action. I aim for these to be vivid goals in the areas of my life that I find in much need of clarification. I am so inspired by history being made recently that I can only ask more of myself. A few good friends of mine are taking risks and pouring themselves into their passions; they are taking paths that is daunting, but I am sure will lead them to great freedom, success, and self-worth.

"You are the average of the five people you most hang around with."
-Jim Rohn


One goal of mine is to continuously surround myself with positive action driven people. Because I am aiming to become better than average, I want to be in the company of greatness. And, that begins with me and my actions.

And, there are many others. I want to use my words impeccably. I want to stay more in the moment. My brooding trips to the past and future visits are being booked round trip, getting back to the NOW station on the express train. These are the loftier goals, but the most important.

My birthday, in many ways, has been like a new years day. A beginning. I have reviewed and celebrated major accomplishments from this past year. And today, in many ways, has been a deathday. I'm prepared to say goodbye to some bad habits. Ready to rise above this year's past failures. Ready to embrace change. So, I suppose tomorrow (after 3:57pm, of course) will be my "Re-Birthday".

Whatever keeps the celebration going.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh, I'm so happy you had a good birthday! You were supposed to let me know about that foot massage.